Cannabis Employment Professionals
Accounting Manager for Recreational Cannabis Dispensary Chain in Portland Oregon
- Account Management – Controller – Cannabis Accounting – Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- The Accounting Manager will oversee three direct reports, and work collaboratively to ensure the complete and accurate accounting and reporting of financial data for multiple entities for the largest recreational cannabis dispensary chain in Oregon.
- The candidate will regularly interact with a broader group both in and out of the Accounting department, as well as work with various financial entities.
- Leading, supervising, and mentoring a team of 2-3 accounting staff.
- Preparing and reviewing monthly journal entries.
- Preparing and reviewing monthly account reconciliations.
- Manage GAAP general ledger by overseeing the monthly financial close for multiple entities, including the Company’s clients. This will include a detailed journal entry review and analysis of financial results. This will also include acting in the preparer capacity for more difficult and complex accounts.
- Establishing and building cooperative working relationships with a cross-functional team.
- Work with other departments as necessary to ensure financial statements are complete and accurate; work to understand and test the completeness and accuracy of key sources of data.
- Train and develop Accountants to become more knowledgeable about the relevant entities, and to generally develop their accounting and reporting skills. Determine ways to provide cross-training opportunities for Accountants to further grow and diversify each Accountant’s skill set.
- Collaborate with Accountants and Director of Accounting on goal setting and reviews for all direct reports.
- Participate in the preparation of quarterly financial statements. These time periods involve extra workload and flexibility to meet deadlines is required.
- Assessing and optimizing financial processes and controls.
- Acting as the point of contact for internal stakeholders and external auditors.
- Oversee preparation and/or independently prepare various schedules, including standalone entity financial statements, in support of any audit.
- Perform and document relevant internal controls as determined necessary.
- Perform other duties or projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3-5 years of public accounting or General Ledger accounting experience.
- Experienced in the Cannabis industry for at least 1 year.
- Must hold an OLCC-licensed for the recreational marijuana industry.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred but not required.
- Experience supervising accounting staff preferred.
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Understanding of T-Accounts.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- FSA accounts.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- EAP (employee assistance program).
JOB & CAREER TYPE:
JOB & CAREER CATEGORY:
JOB & CAREER LOCATION:
- USA, Oregon
JOB & CAREER COMPENSATION:
- $80,000 - $90,000 / Year
JOB & CAREER POSITION:
- Accounting Manager for Recreational Cannabis Dispensary Chain in Portland Oregon
- Cannabis Employment Professionals™
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EOE) STATEMENT:
Cannabis Employment Professionals is equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. This job description is a product of Marijuana Jobs Cannabis Careers.
Question: How do I apply for the "Accounting Manager for Recreational Cannabis Dispensary Chain in Portland Oregon" job posting on this website?
Answer: You can apply for this job listing by either: 1) clicking the green-colored "Submit Resume" button below; or 2) if you have already submitted a Resume then click the green-colored "Send Application" button below.