Website LR Strategic LLC
Senior Sales Director for Cannabis Company in Emeryville California
LR Strategic LLC seeks a Senior Sales Director for a high-growth, top-selling client in the cannabis sector!
Client’s culture values innovation, collaboration, little ego, and a commitment to working for the greater good rather than the individual. Client is looking for someone with an upbeat demeanor and a pitch-in spirit. Someone who eschews office gossip in favor of frank, compassionate, and supportive communication. They are transparent and respectful, and strive hard to maintain an inclusive, diverse and benevolent company atmosphere.
The Senior Sales Director is a leadership role responsible for developing and executing client’s cannabis strategic sales plan, building and developing a best-in-class sales team across various channels, and optimizing sales processes and tools.
The role requires a successful sales leader with proven experience in a fast growing, emerging category (cannabis industry experience strongly preferred). S/he will be responsible for driving rapid growth while wisely managing resources.
This key senior leader will collaborate closely with other leadership roles to develop and implement our business strategy to achieve rapid, sustainable growth.
This role includes sales pipeline planning, development of the annual market plan, and cross-functional leadership to ensure sales strategy execution and organizational alignment to these activities.
- Reporting directly to the co-CEO, this role will play a pivotal role in the growth and success of the business.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and execute effective short-term and long-term sales strategies and plans across our cannabis channel and partners, successfully balancing objectives, budget, and resources.
- Build, develop and manage a stellar outreach team that meets or exceeds goals and represents client’s brand in the marketplace.
- Drive growth through distribution partners for the CA (dispensary) retail channel.
- Work in collaboration with leadership to structure Ambassadors program.
- Provide the outreach team with coaching, direction, and the authority needed to execute successfully on approved sales, marketing and educational initiatives, and be a leader in our chosen categories.
- Continuously optimize sales processes and tools to drive efficiencies.
- Work side by side with marketing to ensure the brand is properly represented, campaigns are executed, and sales conversion goals are achieved.
- Plan and lead regular business reviews (annual and quarterly business reviews) with distributors to ensure sales team accountability and effectiveness.
- Drive third-party distributor partnership through weekly communication and constant coordination.
- Build strong partnerships and relationships internally and externally to achieve sustainable results.
- Work across departments to ensure that the brand is properly represented in all channels and markets, consistent with our values and brand proposition.
- Proactively and effectively communicate with the executive team, team members, and customers to ensure clarity and alignment on plans and activities.
- Serve as an ambassador and role model for client’s progressive, respectful, and positive culture, both on- and off-the-clock. Establish and maintain a high standard of integrity and professionalism for self and the team.
- Extensive sales leadership experience with proven track record. Strong leader and coach who uplevels her/his peer group and team.
- Master of Business Administration and/or a bachelor’s degree required.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years sales leadership experience in a growth-oriented, innovative CPG category, preferably at the sales director or above level.
- S/he will possess both strategic and tactical skills to drive growth.
- Cannabis experience preferred.
- Experience wearing multiple hats and operating flexibly and effectively in unpredictable, high-growth startup environments.
- Agile and creative leader who can maximize results in a resource-constrained, highly regulated environment.
- Highly effective coach and manager with excellent communication and execution skills.
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen, with a passion for translating data into actionable strategies.
- Create channel budgets and demand forecasts, working closely with the Director of Operations and VP of Finance.
- Exhibits emotional maturity with the ability to maintain calm under pressure and provide leadership for all kinds of personalities.
- Skilled at driving process improvements and efficiencies.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, CRM, ERP, and forecasting and other project management tools.
- $125,000 / year