Senior Bookkeeper for Cannabis Company in Colorado and Michigan
- NOBO, Inc.™
420 JOB & CAREER TITLE:
- Senior Bookkeeper for locations in Boulder, CO and Benton Harbor, MI.
JOB & CAREER POSITION OBJECTIVE:
We are seeking a full-time, experienced bookkeeper for our multi-state cannabis operations. As the sole bookkeeper, you will work under the direct supervision of the CFO and in contact with the company’s accountants.
We are looking for an individual with substantial QuickBooks online experience, to undertake all aspects of the company’s financial reporting. The Senior Bookkeeper is responsible for ensuring accurate financial reporting, including but not limited to preparation of financial statements, budgeting and cash flow planning, account reconciliation, compiling and analyzing financial reports, tax preparation assistance, and monitoring the overall financial performance of the company.
JOB & CAREER DUTIES/EXPECTATIONS:
- Exhibit a thorough knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annually compiled financial statements, including consolidated results across entities.
- Update QuickBooks files to reflect daily account activity and conduct monthly reconciliations of all accounts.
- Ensure proper inventory tracking.
- Manage payroll.
- Manage accounts receivable and payable.
- Collect sales tax and remit to the government.
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintain the chart of accounts and the annual budget.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
- Handle sensitive and confidential business matters with discretion.
- Demonstrate good judgment in problem-solving involving multiple levels of the organization, including admin, IT, payroll processing, tax return preparation, and consulting engagements.
JOB & CAREER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate degree in accounting or business administration (or equivalent business experience).
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Preference will be given to candidates with additional accounting education, cannabis-specific experience, a CPA certification, and knowledge of QuickBooks Online.
JOB & CAREER TYPE:
JOB & CAREER CATEGORY:
JOB & CAREER LOCATION:
- USA, Colorado, Michigan
JOB & CAREER COMPENSATION:
- Depends On Experience (DOE)
JOB & CAREER POSITION:
- Senior Bookkeeper for Cannabis Company in Colorado and Michigan
- NOBO, Inc.™
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EOE) STATEMENT:
NOBO, Inc. is equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. This job description is a product of Marijuana Jobs Cannabis Careers.