Objectiv Growth Michigan
Operations Manager at Cannabis Products Company in Jackson Michigan
- Objectiv Growth Michigan
- Objectiv Growth Michigan is an up-and-coming Michigan-based cannabis company committed to improving people’s lives through safe and high-quality products. Our mission is to grow and cultivate the highest quality cannabis through innovative farming and modern processing and manufacturing means that will make us a leader in the industry and set us apart from the rest. We also strive to achieve the highest standards in social responsibility and giving back to our community. If you are inspired by our vision and are passionate about cannabis, we want to hear from you!
JOB & CAREER TITLE:
- Operations Manager at Cannabis Products Company in Jackson Michigan
JOB & CAREER SUMMARY:
Are you passionate about cannabis and want to hop on the “green rush?” Objectiv Growth Michigan is seeking an Operations Manager that is truly passionate about the cannabis industry and is interested in growing with our company and helping us grow!
If you are ready to submerge yourself in this industry, this is an opportunity to join a small but fast-growing cannabis company in the Jackson, Michigan area.
Under the general direction of the Chief Executive Officer and Director of Operations, the Operations Manager provides direct oversight, coaching, and business direction to the facility leadership teams and provides guidance and business direction to cultivation, processing, compliance, packaging, inventory management, security, and safety teams. The Operations Manager is the owner of day-to-day expense and production performance for the Michigan facility(s) and for consistent, reliable, high-quality products and/or production. The Operations Manager also reinforces a network approach to standardization and performance improvement. This individual keeps tight control of the senior management-approved budget and oversees operations according to established laws, policies, and standard operating procedures put in place. He or she will have full P&L responsibilities while continuously looking for operational improvement, drawing on data-driven insights to optimize results, and collaborating with senior management as the company scales. This role will be accountable for the operational launch and success of cannabis products through effective planning, process definition, project management, and inventory management. He or she will also prepare the facility(s) for GACP and GMP certifications, if applicable. This position is categorized as compliance critical and, as such, requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division, corporate, and regulatory requirements.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Spearheads the development and delivery of the strategic plan to achieve business objectives, drive profit, and champion customer satisfaction.
- Identifies new and existing business opportunities to increase company growth, promoting strong client engagement, retention, and attraction strategies.
- Implements data-driven tools to monitor KPI’s and support data-driven decision-making.
- Maximizes top-line revenue growth to the greatest extent possible.
- Develops ways to minimize cost and maximize profit.
- Actively develops ways to increase the operational capacity and profitability of the facility(s).
- Develops ways to increase efficiency, reduce error, and maximize the quality of work.
- Ensures the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with senior leadership in the development of sales & marketing plans.
- Develops the financial and operational plans for the cultivation, quality, and processing teams, including the expense plans, and targets per department and overall facility and operational performance improvement plans by the department.
- Drives daily performance accountability across all areas while reinforcing a team-oriented, client-focused approach.
- Actively involved in the implementation of data and security systems and equipment.
- Ensures all company policies are upheld and all company-provided standard operating procedures are adhered to in conjunction with the Quality Assurance and Compliance Manager (QA&CM).
- In collaboration with department heads creates work schedules and workflows for both weekday and weekend work (if applicable) allowing for adequate coverage for regular and holiday schedules.
- Oversees the maintenance and custodial personnel to ensure they are upholding the highest levels of cleanliness and sterilization of the grow rooms, processing and/or manufacturing area(s), warehouse, common areas, facility, and grounds.
- Oversees the laundry personnel to ensure they are upholding the highest levels of garment cleaning and sanitation practices.
- Oversees the maintenance of the departments, premises, and equipment.
- Oversees the security of the facility and information systems.
- In conjunction with QA&CM, develops procedures for inventory management, including electronic tracking and the allocation of physical space, shelves, and containers within the premises including inventory protocols in compliance with MRA and GMP requirements.
- Ensures that appropriate validations are done.
- Ensures that in-process and post-process quality assurance testing is done and conducts visual inspections (in conjunction with the QA&CM) to ensure the product meets or exceeds set quality standards.
- In conjunction with the QA&CM, approves and monitors contract manufacturers.
- In conjunction with the QA&CM, designates and monitors storage conditions for materials and products.
- Implements, maintains, and enforces GACP-GMP & GMP SOPs and prepares the facility for GACP-GMP and GMP certification.
- Captures innovations and new knowledge and shares them across the network of facilities.
- Embraces best practices developed at other sites and implements them.
- Owns standardization and leads the disciplined process for identifying, testing, and verifying improvement opportunities.
- Maintains an up-to-date understanding of competitor knowledge, contemporary practices, and market opportunities.
- Coordinates the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports.
- Monitors performance and productivity measures for the purpose of maximizing earnings and expenses in the facility(s).
- Reviews and monitors standard operating procedures; makes observations and recommends improvements to promote efficiency in company earnings, accuracy, improved service, and lower costs.
- Leads the team through a progressive program of change towards operational goals.
- Provides technical and managerial leadership in all GMP/GACP related areas of responsibility.
- Drives a collaborative work environment that focuses on creating and maintaining a strong quality and continuous improvement culture within the organization.
- Ensures the team has all necessary supplies and resources for efficient operation.
- Ensures standards for: product quality; manufacturing costs and output; equipment and operator performance; and employee safety and housekeeping standards are established, monitored, and maintained.
- Ensures all necessary training systems are in place and the team is fully trained
- Responsible for talent development, providing direction for and leading performance management and development amongst management teams.
- Communicates effectively with people at all levels, including the ability to understand their priorities, and to earn their respect and trust, along with the willingness to provide them with the best decisions in time-sensitive situations.
- Establishes and maintains a positive work environment creating engagement with Company employees.
- Prepares and guides managers as well as other head production employees.
- Supports and oversees compliance with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules, and government regulations; oversees and coordinates all areas of security within the facility(s).
- Establishes and maintains business partnerships with key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Act as liaison with critical stakeholders including Objectiv partners, clients, and senior management.
- Prepares regular management reports for senior management.
- Responsibilities may expand to additional states/facilities over time.
- Perform other duties/projects as required by senior management.
- Collaborates with Human Resources to deploy/improve training programs including onboarding and continued quarterly/annual training needs.
- Solves personal problems, handles inter-departmental communication, and works with Human Resources and Management to help build a culture based on the company’s core value system and commitment.
- Models and ensures that others comply with company policies including but not limited to: state/local/federal regulation compliance, security protocols, access protocols, facility maintenance, and work schedules.
- Ensure that all sections of production are in complete accordance with all State regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by senior management.
- BS/BA or higher education from an accredited institution in an applicable field of study (manufacturing operations, engineering, supply chain, or business).
- 5+ years of experience in a regulated industry in cannabis, pharmaceutical, or consumer packaged goods (food).
- Be able to support the facility in implementing and maintaining current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Documentation Practices (GDP), and lean manufacturing principles.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and re-evaluate as situations change. Capable of leveraging the team and resources to maximize an individual’s potential and achieve personal/company goals.
- Able to effectively organize work, track progress and motivate outstanding performance from diverse teams.
- Able to effectively organize work effectively, track progress and motivate outstanding performance from diverse teams.
- Proven track record of delivering results and driving constant improvement.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication and time management skills.
- Ability to grasp complexities, anticipate changing business needs, and proactively drive to solutions.
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact across all levels of the organization with persuasiveness and confidence.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial openness and ability to explore new opportunities for solving problems and enhancing performance.
- Demonstrated business acumen; able to assess financial implications of decisions and actions; able to understand how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace and impact the company.
- Embraces change-driven challenges and thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Ability to develop and document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and ERP systems (seed to sale tracking system preferred).
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations (e.g., MRA, OSHA, FDA, NFPA, etc.).
- Performs other duties as required by senior management.
- At least 21 years of age per MRA requirements and authorized to work in the US.
- Must be able to clear a background check with no disqualifying infractions.
- Will be required to take a drug screen.
- Results will be handled in accordance with state regulations and company policy.
- Able to travel and available to work 45+ hours per week and weekends when requested.
- This position requires strict adherence to local, state, and federal regulations.
- This Job description should be used as a guide and is not intended to be all-inclusive of your abilities, your requirements for fulfilling the position, or as work limitations or restrictions on your role.
- All employees are expected to be team players and to help each other and the Company whenever necessary within reason and workplace safety guidelines.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; hear; use close, color, and peripheral vision; ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; work in wet or humid conditions, in high places and outdoor weather conditions; exposed to fumes or airborne particles depending on work location.
- Exposure to fertilizer, dust, odors, high heat, low temperature, high and low humidity, high noise levels, vibrations, water, dry salts, allergens, pollen, dust, plant pathogens, other volatile organic compounds, and other environmental variables.
- Supervises the Cultivation, Production, Security, Packaging, and Warehouse department managers.
- A fun and dynamic work environment where our employees are respected and valued.
- The opportunity to become part of a stable and growing company.
- Competitive wages & benefits.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Paid Holidays.
JOB & CAREER TYPE:
JOB & CAREER CATEGORY:
JOB & CAREER LOCATION:
- USA, Michigan
JOB & CAREER COMPENSATION:
- $75K - $85K / Year
JOB & CAREER POSITION:
- Operations Manager at Cannabis Products Company in Jackson Michigan
- Objectiv Growth Michigan™
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EOE) STATEMENT:
Objectiv Growth Michigan is equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. This job description is a product of Marijuana Jobs Cannabis Careers.