Objectiv Growth Michigan
Maintenance Technician at Cannabis Products Company in Jackson Michigan
- Objectiv Growth Michigan
- Objectiv Growth Michigan is an up-and-coming Michigan-based cannabis company committed to improving people’s lives through safe and high-quality products. Our mission is to grow and cultivate the highest quality cannabis through innovative farming and modern processing and manufacturing means that will make us a leader in the industry and set us apart from the rest. We also strive to achieve the highest standards in social responsibility and giving back to our community. If you are inspired by our vision and are passionate about cannabis, we want to hear from you!
JOB & CAREER TITLE:
- Maintenance Technician at Cannabis Products Company in Jackson Michigan
JOB & CAREER SUMMARY:
Are you passionate about cannabis and want to hop on the “green rush?” Objectiv Growth Michigan is seeking a Maintenance Technician that is truly passionate about the cannabis industry and is interested in growing with our company!
If you are ready to submerge yourself in this industry, this is an opportunity to join a small but fast-growing cannabis company in the Jackson, Michigan area.
The Maintenance Technician (MT) supports operations by maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, and optimizing all facilities and manufacturing equipment including but not limited to: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pneumatic systems, low voltage, CCTV, office equipment, production equipment, welding, heating/cooling, automation, and fire protection systems in a safe and orderly fashion as directed by the Operations Manager. This position creates value for the facility by performing preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased uptime and reliability of the equipment and machines, thus helping the facility to meet its production and quality goals. The position reports to the Operations Manager.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies, troubleshoot, and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and simple electrical problems on facility and production equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance per defined interval/schedule in a timely manner and documents maintenance concerns/resolutions in an electronic database.
- Recognizes and corrects potential equipment failure or unsafe conditions and communicates this to management.
- Performs welding fabrication (both stick and gas) in various locations and positions including pipe and structural on various metals for new and existing equipment.
- Performs machine shop work operating various machines such as drill presses, grinders, MIG/TIG/stick welders, plasma torches, cutting equipment (i.e. chop saw), pneumatic tools, and electric/manual hand tools.
- Analyzes test results, machine error messages, or information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems.
- Observes and tests the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices.
- Inspects, repairs, and assures adherence to installation, safety, and operational standards.
- Performs routine operational checks, maintenance, and servicing of all machinery and equipment related to extraction operations, where applicable.
- Troubleshoots equipment using electrical test equipment, circuit diagrams, schematics, and blueprints.
- Adjusts or replaces seals and other mechanical parts as needed.
- Regularly services motors, bearings, sensors, and other key machine parts.
- Performs maintenance and troubleshooting of HVAC systems, air compressors, powered industrial vehicles, etc.
- Performs carpentry/construction tasks – e.g., installing locking systems on sheds or gates
- Fixes minor plumbing leaks.
- Handles rudimentary electrical maintenance – e.g. replacing outlet receptacles.
- Performs routine checks on breaker boxes, addresses outages as applicable.
- Records repairs and machine maintenance performed.
- Handles inventory and requisition of machine parts, equipment, materials, and other supplies to maintain stock.
- Ensures that all work performed meets required codes (OSHA, local, state, and federal) and is in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
- Implements and follows SOPs around machine set-up, cleaning, monitoring, and calibration; helps develop and flush out current SOPs for specific machines.
- Utilizes appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to, safety glasses, face shields, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, and aprons.
- Responsible for proper care/cleaning of tools, parts, materials, and work area.
- Becomes familiar with and adheres to manufacturers’ documentation for equipment that requires electrical and hydraulic circuitry and machinery.
- Reads and understands the specifications or blueprints for the work to be done and plans the steps to be taken to complete the project.
- Remains up-to-date on information about new technology in materials, methods, and equipment.
- Ensures strong organization and inventory control of the tool and parts inventory for all manufacturing equipment.
- Works closely with the Operations Manager to re-order essential parts and components so that machines never go down for extended periods of time.
- Adhere to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, organizational directives, and standard operating procedures.
- Provides action plans and status reports as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate’s Degree in Maintenance/Industrial Maintenance preferred.
- Experience with PLCs.
- Welding experience.
- 5+ years of maintenance experience with automation equipment, PLC, mechanical maintenance, and basic facility electrical, plumbing, and carpentry.
- Preferred knowledge of proximity sensors, electric motors, pressure switches, bearings, gearing, PLC programs, servo motors, etc.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with supervisors and leads across many departments.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Dependable and trustworthy.
- At least 21 years of age per MRA requirements and authorized to work in the US.
- Must be able to clear a background check with no disqualifying infractions.
- Will be required to take a drug screen.
- Results will be handled in accordance with state regulations and company policy.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Able to work overtime and weekends when required.
- This position requires strict adherence to local, state, and federal regulations.
- This Job description should be used as a guide and is not intended to be all-inclusive of your abilities, your requirements for fulfilling the position, or as work limitations or restrictions on your role.
- All employees are expected to be team players and to help each other and the Company whenever necessary within reason and workplace safety guidelines.
- This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days will vary due to business needs. Some holidays and weekends may be required. Will be required to be on call and to respond to urgent situations at any time.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for an extended period of time; be able to walk and stand for long periods of time; physically able to climb ladders, bend, or crawl into awkward spaces; have excellent manual dexterity; able to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly.
- Exposure to commercial products (Oil, Cleaning Solvents, etc.); exposure to moderate noise levels (Generator, Air Compressor, Machinery); and able to work around moving machinery.
- A fun and dynamic work environment where our employees are respected and valued.
- The opportunity to become part of a stable and growing company.
- Competitive wages and benefits.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Paid holidays.
JOB & CAREER TYPE:
JOB & CAREER CATEGORY:
JOB & CAREER LOCATION:
- USA, Michigan
JOB & CAREER COMPENSATION:
- $24 - $25 / Hour
JOB & CAREER POSITION:
- Maintenance Technician at Cannabis Products Company in Jackson Michigan
- Objectiv Growth Michigan™
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EOE) STATEMENT:
Objectiv Growth Michigan is equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. This job description is a product of Marijuana Jobs Cannabis Careers.