Director of Cultivation at Cannabis Production Facilities in Illinois or Massachusetts
About The Company:
- Pharmacann Inc.™, one of the nation’s leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation, and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement? Join the movement! We’re grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, Pharmacann Inc. operates thirteen dispensaries and four production facilities across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Ohio, and Pennsylvania with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast.
420 Job & Career Title:
- Director of Cultivation at Cannabis Production Facilities in Illinois or Massachusetts.
420 Job & Career Description:
- Director of Cultivation is responsible for strategically and technically managing all aspects of PharmaCann’s cultivation operations including site designs, set-up, and execution.
420 Job & Career Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and write cultivation SOPs ensuring compliance with State regulations and company policies.
- Design Cultivation facilities and coordinate with the construction team to ensure project completion.
- Evaluate new technologies and techniques and implement them at cultivation facilities.
- Develop and set greenhouse and indoor grow facility environmental parameters and program/monitor automated greenhouse control software.
- Hire new Cultivation Managers and train on all aspects of Cultivation.
- Develop production schedules, work schedules, and duties for nursery or greenhouse staff.
- Monitor production results regularly with Operations Managers driving team accountability for adherence to standards and product yield and quality, and responsible for addressing any deviation Approve crop-inputs and supplies for the Grow Areas.
- Develop custom fertilizer recipes to optimize yield, plant health, and potency.
- Set and implement integrated pest management strategies in compliance with state and company policy.
- Develop proper sanitation protocols of the Growing Area.
- Identify plant varieties to fit facility and market needs.
- Set propagation, germination, and planting schedules for all crops and varieties.
- Coordinate clerical, recordkeeping, inventory, and financial data.
- Explain and enforce safety regulations and policies.
420 Job & Career Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least 21+ years of age.
- At least 15 years experience with leadership of a large-scale commercial growing operation in a regulated cannabis program or horticulture operation with similar photoperiod plants
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Plant Sciences, or Horticulture strongly desired.
- Leadership skills-building teams in a highly collaborative environment.
- Experience in developing advanced/custom fertilizer recipes strongly desired.
- Experience in integrated pest management (IPM).
- Strong process management skills.
- Skilled in working with technical experts.
- Skilled in the use of ERP, Excel, and Database systems.
- Skilled in the use of horticulture automation systems – Argus, Hortimax, or Priva or equivalent.
420 Job & Career Working Conditions:
- Travel required up to 50% of the time.
JOB & CAREER TYPE:
JOB & CAREER CATEGORY:
JOB & CAREER LOCATION:
- USA, Illinois, Massachusetts
JOB & CAREER COMPENSATION:
- Depends On Experience (DOE)
JOB & CAREER POSITION:
- Director of Cultivation at Cannabis Production Facilities in Illinois or Massachusetts
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EOE) STATEMENT:
PharmaCann is equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. This job description is a product of Marijuana Jobs Cannabis Careers.