The Odyssey Group
Social Media Manager & Content Creator for CBD Products Company in Troy Michigan
The Odyssey Group is a leading manufacturer and distributor of various smoking related and ‘counter-culture’ products. Founded in 2011, our oldest and largest brand, Tsunami Premium, was one of the first vapor nicotine products on the market and positioned us to become a leader within our industry. Currently serving over 2,000 retails stores world wide, The Odyssey Group is committed to going above and beyond when it comes to providing cutting edge and quality products to our customers.
Our team in Troy, MI, currently has an exciting opportunity available to grow alongside us as a Content Creator / Social Media Manager.
The Content Creator / Social Media Manager is responsible for contributing to the strategic development of our brands by playing an active role in visualizing, conceptualizing, and executing game-changing contents across all digital and social network channels. This role requires a high level of creativity and project management skills. You will support and collaborate with our web and marketing team to achieve the goals of attracting site traffic, growing social following and engagement, and driving new sales leads.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop concepts that meet our business objectives and model.
- Develop and implement an organic social strategy
- Maintain our social media presence across all digital channels (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook,
- Instagram, etc.). This includes driving traffic to our accounts, interacting with our followers, and posting shareable and creative content multiple times a week.
- Develop and manage a relationship with social media influencers.
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
- Create shareable content specific to social networks to spread brand awareness
- Regular hash tag and trend research
- Track and report social media engagement metrics
Job Requirements and Skill Qualifications
- At least 2 years of working in digital marketing and/or industry related experience
- At least 1 years of experience working with large-scale social media accounts.
- Knowledge of graphic fundamentals and typography.
- SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic.
- Deliberate planning, strategy and goal setting.
- Both print and digital design capabilities; must be able to work in both forms of media.
- At least 2 years of experience with Adobe Suite.
- Experience working as a digital strategist or web data analyst.
- Willingness to accept projects that range from minor tasks to complex projects.
- Self-motivated and responsible.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fearless of tight deadlines and direction change.
- Interest in learning new software and different design applications.
Experience: 1+ Years
Education: Undergraduate Degree with a Major in Marketing, or Related Field (Minor in Graphic Design and/or Photography or comparable experience preferred).
Hours: Full Time (M-F: 9AM – 5PM as well as occasional travel.)
Compensation and Benefits
- Full-Time, $45K – $55K Annual Salary (Potential for a performance-based raise at time of 90-day evaluation.)
- Monday – Friday: 9 AM – 5 PM (Occasional travel to national industry trade shows may be required.)
- Paid Vacation and Holidays After 90 Days
- Health Insurance and Dental Coverage Offered After 90 Days
- Simple IRA Plan with Employee Matching After 90 Days
***NO PHONE CALLS***
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
JOB & CAREER TYPE:
JOB & CAREER CATEGORY:
JOB & CAREER LOCATION:
- USA, Michigan
JOB & CAREER COMPENSATION:
- $45,000 / Year
JOB & CAREER POSITION:
- Social Media Manager & Content Creator for CBD Products Company in Troy Michigan
- The Odyssey Group™
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EOE) STATEMENT:
The Odyssey Group is equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. This job description is a product of Marijuana Jobs Cannabis Careers.