Sales Representative for Vermicompost Manufacturer in Central Coast California
420 Job & Career Title:
- Sales Representative for Vermicompost Manufacturer in Central Coast California.
420 Job & Career Description:
- The primary role of the Business Development Sales Representative is to prospect for new customers by networking, cold calling, following up on inbound marketing leads, or other means of generating interest from potential customers that are in alignment with the company’s target market.
- They must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential customers to do business with the company.
- They develop a rapport with new accounts and provide the support that will continually improve the relationship.
- They are also required to grow and retain assigned existing accounts by ensuring they are aware of current and new capabilities.
- They work with internal teammates to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Strategic planning is a key part of this job description since it is the business development sales representative’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company.
- This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the products the company can provide, and a well-rounded knowledge of its competitors.
420 Job & Career Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leverage current cannabis grower relationships to close new business for company products.
- Proactively research, qualify and cultivate new leads within the target market and assigned geographic area for company’s products through the pursuit of inbound leads, networking, referrals, self-generated opportunities, and traveling in person to prospect facilities.
- Achieve weekly & monthly prospect activity levels set forth by the company to develop a pipeline of business equivalent to 4-5 times the annual quota ensuring the attainment of annual sales goal.
- Conduct high impact capability meetings with potential customers that highlight company products’ agronomical features and benefits and unique differentiators to maximize the first impression.
- Focus on understanding the fit between customer needs and the company’s capabilities. Create value propositions that meet customer needs.
- Establish and maintain relationships and communication throughout the entire sales cycle.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market trends.
- Identify opportunities for industry association participation, partner relationships, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Enter all prospective, new, and existing account activity into the CRM system within 48 hours and maintain all customer data, sales activity, and forecasts in the system.
- Participate in weekly 1:1 meetings with the manager and be prepared to discuss the following: Weekly call activity/calendar; Progress against monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals; “Successes” and “obstacles” from previous weeks’ efforts; Key initiatives and prospect opportunities/pipeline review; and Goals for the upcoming week.
420 Job & Career Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3-5 years of B2B sales experience selling to outdoor, indoor, and greenhouse cannabis growers in all or some of the following states: California; Oregon; Washington, and Colorado.
- A solid understanding of the different grow protocols and terminology used within the cannabis growing industry.
- Must have current relationships with cannabis growers in some or all of the identified geographic markets.
- Legally able to be employed in the United States.
- A demonstrated record of quota achievement.
- Desire to work in an environment that rewards results and loyalty and maintains high ethical standards.
- Self-starter is able to successfully operate with limited management supervision.
- Can succeed in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with a drive to solve problems.
- Demonstrated a high sense of urgency and accountability.
- Practice integrity, reliability, and honesty in all business transactions
- Competent use and understanding of Microsoft Office software and CRM applications.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required with a proper experience base and proven track record.
- A background or degree in plant life science, agronomy, horticulture, or experience on a farm or in a grow facility would be a plus.
420 Job & Career Type:
420 Job & Career Category:
420 Job & Career Region:
420 Job & Career Compensation:
- $60k - $120k (Base + Commission)
420 Job & Career Position:
- Sales Representative for Vermicompost Manufacturer in Central Coast California
- Worm Power™
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Statement:
Worm Power is equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. This job description is a product of Marijuana Jobs Cannabis Careers.