Machine Operator – Production
Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona with over 500 employees, 4Front is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer with active operations in Illinois, Massachusetts, California, Michigan and Washington. Focusing on excellence, people, integrity, and courage, 4Front is building a responsible and people-focused company that consistently produces high-quality products, ensures access to cannabis through top service and affordable brands, and provides value through job creation and community engagement. From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain.
Our Machine Operators – Production work in small teams responsible for the preparation and manufacturing of edible candies intended for the regulated cannabis market. The Machine Operator – Production will be responsible for following the production schedule dictated by the Kitchen Manager and Supervisor, the preparation and rendering of all ingredients on a recipe-by-recipe basis, adjusting and configuring the machines for the specific recipe (ingredients, flavoring, coloring, etc.), and then operating the production equipment to cook and prepare our candy to being deposited into cooling molds. This position will work in tandem with the Machine Operator – Depositor to ensure that production and depositing stages operate in sync.
*NOTE: The facility contains confined spaces that may only be accessible by ascending/descending stairwells while traveling throughout building. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time, bend, kneel, squat, and twist. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Operate factory-scale rendering and cooking equipment including: lard / butter rendering, milk / water boilers, pressure cookers, & agitators.
· Monitor receipt of prepped ingredients from rendering equipment to cooking equipment by setting lines using knowledge of pipelines, valve manifolds, pumps, and tankage.
· Monitor cooking process by observing gauges and meters on equipment. Requires physical observation of cooking equipment as well as monitoring the equipment’s automation software.
· Utilizes computerized terminal to monitor and adjust cooking and rendering process per department specifications.
· Pull sample product at various stages of cooking for analysis by Kitchen Supervisor, Manager, or laboratory staff
· Maintains logs on meter readings, gauge readings (such as water temperature and air pressure) and physical checks to system.
· Completes adjustments to system to optimize cooking process including adjusting speed of pumps, stop/start oil inflow, recirculate flow, change raw product inflow percentages.
· Completes minor repairs to equipment such as recalibration of gauges; contacts maintenance team to complete major repairs to system.
· Assist with all training needs of other Machine Operator – Production
· Update tracking sheets and record ingredients used in each production shift.
· Assist in other duties as assigned to ensure the team, department, and company division maintain success
· Machine Operating Experience in a Manufacturing Facility, or similar relevant experience, 2+ years
· Commercial Kitchen / Food Preparation Experience, 2+ years (preferred)
· Associate Degree, Culinary Degree or Industry Training Equivalent (preferred)
80-90% employer paid benefits. Life, dental, health, vision
Paid Time Off/Sick Time
4Front specializes in large-scale, highly automated, high-speed processing, production & packaging of cannabis consumer packaged goods for the regulated cannabis market in CA. 4Front’s CA campus is one of the largest licensed cannabis processing facilities in the world, not just California. Located in Commerce, CA our facility is centrally placed in Southern California to service the world’s largest recreational cannabis market. We are seeking talented, determined, and driven candidates to join our growing team.
A few more important things to note: We want anyone interested in exploring opportunities at Mission, 4Front and/or Brightleaf to feel prepared and confident. To help you put your best foot forward, if selected for an interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our company, mission and the business area in which you are applying to. Get to know us: Mission 4Front Ventures and Brightleaf Development
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer- not only because it’s right but because it makes us better. In fact, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veterans’ status, or any other basis protected and applicable legally protected characteristic and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking forward to meeting with driven, smart and passionate people that are interested in making a difference in our customers, our team, our culture.
JOB & CAREER TYPE:
JOB & CAREER CATEGORY:
JOB & CAREER LOCATION:
- USA, California
JOB & CAREER COMPENSATION:
JOB & CAREER POSITION:
- Machine Operator – Production
- 4Front Ventures™
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EOE) STATEMENT:
4Front Ventures is equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. This job description is a product of Marijuana Jobs Cannabis Careers.