Website Beyond Be-Leaf Extracts
CBD Extraction Laboratory
Beyond Be-Leaf Extracts is seeking the right candidate to fill an incredible internship opportunity!
Interested in working in a cannabis extraction laboratory?
We are looking for a young, motivated individual interested in working inside cannabis space. In this new and exciting field, numerous opportunities will arise for jobs in cannabis extraction, post-processing, and R&D. We are looking for someone who wants to gain experience hands-on in a brand new facility, alongside an expert in the field. This is a partial pay internship which could turn into a full-time dream job.
See if you qualify below!
Extraction Lab Technician – Job Description and Qualifications
We are a start-up cannabis extraction lab based in St. Albans, Vermont. We are building a team to run our brand new cold ethanol extraction laboratory and are seeking an extraction technician with strong knowledge in chemical engineering and a strong desire to learn the production of concentrates and post-processing distillation. The successful candidate is a dynamic, hardworking and reliable person willing to work with a team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Production Manager in all aspects of extraction, purging, oil manipulation, winterization, and distillation processes.
• Perform duties necessary for continuous extraction operations.
• Prepare equipment and plant materials for extraction.
• Troubleshoot any equipment issues and perform equipment maintenance.
• Maintain an organized and clean laboratory environment.
• Follow Company standard operating procedures (SOPs) to produce high quality concentrates.
• Understand and follow all safety protocols.
• Monitor system operations and perform tests as required.
• Record data for all procedures using computer systems or hard copy, whichever is appropriate.
• Maintain inventory records of supplies, materials, and equipment, and prepare requisitions as needed.
• Follow compliance for tracking of biomass, products, and waste.
• Understanding of solvent and solvent-free extraction including safe handling methods for hazardous materials.
• Familiarity with closed-loop ethanol extraction and processing of the resulting oils into potent and flavorful concentrates.
• Experience with short path distillation desirable.
• Moderate lifting and carrying (25-50 lbs); heavier weights with assistance.
• Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time. May require bending, climbing and work on elevated platforms (not more than 5 feet high).
• Repetitive motions and understanding of lab equipment and control panel readouts.
• Working at a fast pace, subject to many interruptions and both physical and mental demands.
• Honest, trustworthy, articulate and must possess excellent communication skills.
• Ability to follow directions. Stay current with up-to-date industry standards.
• Self-starter/self-motivated. Has the ability to work in a hands-on environment and work well independently.
• Punctual and reliable with team atmosphere enthusiasm and work ethic.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Successful criminal background check required for all applicants.
• Degree (or equivalent experience) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related Chemistry field experience.
• Laboratory experience.
• Previous experience in the cannabis field preferred.
• Knowledge of closed-loop ethanol extraction
• Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications, data logging, and email.
• Ability to follow directions in the utilization of automated equipment and systems.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Familiarity with basic scientific principles and production terminology.
• Read and follow manuals for Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Basic math skills.
• Familiarity with OSHA guidelines for dealing with hazardous chemicals.
• Understanding and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the cannabis industry, safety regulations, local municipal codes, and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees.
• Highly detail-oriented and organized
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrate responsibility, accountability, and dependability toward assigned tasks and duties
• Strong ethics and sound judgment.
- Depends on experience