Marijuana Jobs Cannabis Careers
Grower for Marijuana Producer in Umatilla Oregon
ATTENTION: WE ARE HIRING! Are you searching for employment today? Do you need work now? Do you want to get hired as a Grower for Marijuana Producer in Umatilla Oregon? Congratulations, your 420 job search is finally over! How do you submit your Resume and Application to this job opening and career opportunity? On this user-friendly and free website Marijuana Jobs Cannabis Careers™, you can quickly submit your Resume and Application to this job listing and other job postings from many reputable employers in the booming Marijuana, Cannabis, Hemp, Weed, and CBD industry. It is really that easy. Get started today by clicking the [Submit Resume] or [Send Application] button now!
- Marijuana Jobs Cannabis Careers
- Are you looking for a new job as a grower, cultivator, or horticulturist for a marijuana producer/farm? We are a company in the 420 industry that is seeking highly motivated growers to join our team - ASAP! This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to further their career in one of the fastest growing industries in America.
JOB & CAREER TITLE:
- Grower for Marijuana Producer in Umatilla Oregon
JOB & CAREER DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Grower, you will be responsible for cannabis growing and cultivation for a marijuana producer.
Grower will work as part of a team to manage a state-of-the art marijuana/cannabis production facility.
Grower will be part of a team that grows marijuana/cannabis with proprietary technology and advanced systems.
Assist in daily operations and all aspects of bay planning, execution, and management; oversee and manage Grow personnel; and and Chief Operating Officer in all warehouse business tasks.
Seeking an experienced, hardworking, dependable, passionate, enthusiastic grower to develop and implement strategic plans for the daily operation of soil and hydroponic systems in the following settings: indoor/outdoor/greenhouse.
Responsibility for all aspects of management, including overseeing crop management by strategizing crop production over the course of the year and monitoring the progress of such crops for optimal quality, health and yield.
This is a grower role and requires experience as a managing grower or crop engineer.
Our company creates a positive environment for both its plants and its team members to grow and flourish in.
Grower is an organized person with confidence in their growing abilities, a great feel for the health of the plants and experience in advising a highly productive and enthusiastic team of greenhouse management, growers and associated staff.
JOB & CAREER EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education in Horticulture, Agriculture, Plant Science or related field, plus 5 years of experience in commercial greenhouse-based agriculture and related agricultural engineering as outlined below.
- Previous experience in commercial greenhouse-based agriculture and/or agricultural engineering.
- Manage computerized climate control systems to ensure that crops benefit from optimal environmental conditions.
- Regulate plant nutrition and fertilizer to ensure that unique nutritional needs are met for each plant variety over the course of changing seasons and periods of plant growth.
- Perform testing and chemical analysis to determine appropriate nutritional regimen for each plant variety.
- Oversee the integrative pest management program including recommending and implementing all pest and disease treatments as necessary.
- Manage greenhouse labor, ensuring accountability and proper maintenance of complex greenhouse systems.
- Monitor and approve inventory required for production.
- Plan all crop schedules by facility, season and variety to optimize yield and quality and communicate schedules to greenhouse team for labor management and sales team for harvest forecasts.
- Implement and adhere to company food safety policies to ensure operations are FSMA and HACCP compliant.
- Oversee staff training and labor management for greenhouse.
- Manage a technologically advanced hydroponic system with a focus in nutrient management, as well as planting and transplanting, growing, fertigation, climate management and environmental controls, mechanization, spraying, cleaning, and general site management.
- Monitor all plant needs in the facility including irrigation, fertilizer, nutrients, insect and disease management, and crop timing and communicate issues with Senior Grower.
- Monitor plant health and production including pest and disease management strategies.
- Implement policies and procedures relating to technical growing operation.
- Establish and maintain the required customer and regulatory certification.
- Authoritatively provide technical growing expertise, advice, and direction to team members at all times.
- Report labor needs to Senior Grower and advise team members to complete tasks effectively.
- Adhere to work safety standards in day-to-day operations.
- Reports directly to Senior Grower and Chief Operations Officer.
- Daily watering and monitoring of assigned greenhouse and field areas.
- pH and EC testing and application of corrective measures as needed.
- Scouting for insects and diseases.
- Assisting with distribution of beneficial insects.
- Application of plant growth regulators and chemical crop protection agents.
- Monitoring rooting progress and moving liners to appropriate climate zones.
- Assisting with trials and research projects.
- Work closely with production and shipping departments.
- Guide assistants with moving and organizing crops.
- Ability to work with computer environmental controls.
- Ability to relate to and work with persons of all ages/social backgrounds.
- Nutrient/Water Application.
- Cloning/Transplanting/Propagating plant stock.
- Data collection/analysis.
- Mid-level management of garden crew.
- Supply chain management (purchasing/budgeting/planning).
- Direct individual attention given to our entire garden.
- Climate control system logic and programming.
- Plant nutrition recipe development, including chemical data analysis.
- Pest management planning.
- Crop schedule planning in Excel, ERP.
- Design and maintenance of greenhouse irrigation systems.
- Designing and managing commercial hydroponics systems.
- Inventory management.
- Staff training and labor Management.
- Data analysis and reports.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Horticulture equipment and coco irrigation systems.
- Capable of performing routine management and able to make equipment repairs or notify proper personnel when unable to.
- Proficient internet skills, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to plan ahead, trouble-shoot, anticipate problems, and problem solve.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at a time.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Knowledge of Ebb and Flow, DWC, NFT and Aeroponics growing methods, including in-depth knowledge of pH, PPM, and EC counts.
- Knowledge of soil growing methods including micronutrients, beneficial bacteria, and nutrient implementation.
- Knowledge of container systems with soil and hydro, as well as understanding temperature and humidity manipulation.
- Knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment options.
- Knowledge of large-scale commercial plant cultivation, including nutrient requirements, mediums, light requirements, temperature control, and air flow, etc.
- Ability to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of a large-scale grow warehouse.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Willing to obtain pesticide applicator’s license if necessary.
- Be focused and attentive to detail, with a flexible mentality.
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information.
- Be comfortable working in summer heat conditions.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Strong Organizational and Communicative abilities.
- Previous experience as a grower/horticulturist is required.
- Previous experience in the marijuana/cannabis industry is required.
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) is required.
- Per state law, must be at least 21 years of age.
- Resident with a current valid State-issued ID or Drivers License.
- Provide necessary documentation for employment in the United States.
JOB & CAREER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Able to periodically bend, reach, and squat.
- Able to physically lift at least 50 lbs.
JOB & CAREER FRINGE BENEFITS:
- Employee discounts.
- Health insurance, vision insurance, and dental insurance. (Insurance for Full-time employees only)
- Accrued Paid Time Off. (PTO for Full-time Employees only)
JOB & CAREER TYPE:
JOB & CAREER CATEGORY:
JOB & CAREER LOCATION:
- USA, Oregon
JOB & CAREER COMPENSATION:
- Starting wage or salary may be higher than the local industry average depending on your previous work experience and other relevant factors.
JOB & CAREER POSITION:
- Grower for Marijuana Producer in Umatilla Oregon
- Marijuana Jobs Cannabis Careers™
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EOE) STATEMENT:
Marijuana Jobs Cannabis Careers is equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. This job description is a product of Marijuana Jobs Cannabis Careers.
Question: How do I apply for the "Grower for Marijuana Producer in Umatilla Oregon" job posting on this website?
Answer: You can apply for this job listing by either: 1) clicking the green-colored "Submit Resume" button below; or 2) if you have already submitted a Resume then click the green-colored "Send Application" button below.